Shop For Your Sacred Adornment Here
The one item which has a million sentiments attached to it is the “Mangalsutra”. What is it that makes these simple black beads so sacred? Just two things- emotion and the sentiment attached with it. With Indian mangalsutra there is no stopping even with the number 10th piece that we own. Indeed, we keep looking for more mangalsutra designs, varieties, patterns, intricacies and off course a ton of reasons to buy. Simple mangalsutra varieties range from short mangalsutra designs to long mangalsutra, from Kundan Mangalsutra to stone studded 22Kgold mangalsutra; from mangalsutra pendant styles to small gold mangalsutras- We have them all at Vaibhav.
Types of Mangalsutra Designs
Mangalsutras come in a versatile styles and patterns they enjoy a never ending popularity in Indian gold Jewellery lineage. Along with varied designs, they also carry an unending emotion with them. Numerous styles of mangalsutras are found in India as we move from region to region. Out of these the latest mangalsutra designs that are popular are as below:
- Short mangalsutra designs: Short mangalsutras may also be called as modern mangalsutras for the millennial brides. It is considered as one of their favorite adornment. They are short, cute and can be dressed on practically any attire. Apart from that it is most sought after in the current generation for its simplicity and for being a perfect match on western wear too. Short mangalsutras can be plain black beads chain or black beads chain with a attractive locket, simple or pendant style- both accentuate the glam quotient.
- Long mangalsutra designs: Long gold mangalsutras go well with traditional attires like sarees, lehangas, Anarkalis and a host of other fusion Indian wear. Long Mangalsutras usually come in combination of black beads and gold beads or an entire length of black beads along with a glittery pendant. They have a poise and elegance that enhance the looks of the adorner. A long mangalsutra is popularly portrayed in the great soaps of Indian television; they can be further emphasized by wearing a gold choker or a necklace. Long Mangalsutras designs ideally comes in sleek mangalsutra chain with a pendant attached at the end, the pendant can be either a stone studded pendant or a pure gold pendant or a diamond pendant too.
- Simple mangalsutra design: Simple Mangalsutras are long, plain and are a medley of gold and black beads. They are very apt over traditional attires and come at very affordable price.
- Nallapusalu: Black beads are famously called as Nallapusalu in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana states of Southern India. They are adorned in different ways these days. Nallapusalu or the blackbead mangalsutra is only optional to wear in South India as wearing the pure gold mangalsutra chain is followed by many. Another growing trend among celebrities and common woman is adorning mangalsutra bracelet. This style descended from the Bollywood and slowly caught up with the general public too.
Tips to Buy Mangalsutra
- Zero down on the place where you would want to buy your mangalsutra from i.e. a retail Jeweller or buy a gold mangalsutra online from a reliable online portal like Vaibhav Jewellers. You can also custom make it from select places online. Please ensure you have sufficient time for delivery of product and it is advised to order in advance to avoid last minute delays.
- Look into the design, patterns and style of the mangalsutra you want to buy. If you are a bride to be and this is your first mangalsutra, speak to a near one who understands your tastes and they can suggest you accordingly, else so speak to our Jewellery experts and allow them to suggest a design as per your preferences. One also has to understand what sort of mangalsutra should be worn for example Gujarati follow the custom of black bead mangalsutra while Andhraites have a tradition of gold mangalsutra often called as Pusthulu or Thali Bottu.
- It is important to understand the different kinds patterns of gold mangalsutra chains that are available, there are hundreds of machine made gold chains that are available, what is important is to know which one to choose from and the thickness of the chain. Care should be taken while selecting the design as some designs are trendy but not user friendly, i.e. sometimes our hair tends to get stuck, so it is often advised to try and then purchase or choose a less complex pattern if you go online.
- The next important point to consider is the length of the mangalsutra or the black beads. They ideally come in 14, 16,18,20,22 and 32 inches. While you may get a 14 inches short mangalsutra design in black beads, such short length will not serve the purpose for a gold mangalsutra. Most of the times woman tend to choose anywhere between 16 inches to 32 inches.
- Choosing a pattern and style that suits your clothing habits or wardrobe is very important. Example if you are a regular user of western outfits, wearing a 32 inch black beads chain wouldn’t fit. Instead a short mangalsutra with a sleek and dashing diamond pendant would be a great addition.
- Consider if you need a pendant for the mangalsutra or a plain black beads or gold chain as your daily wear. Most of the times pendants offer uniqueness to the mangalsutra as a whole and you may want to seriously one. Explore our Mangalsutras online. We have a large array of tempting mangalsutra designs that would leave you spellbound.
- The purity of the mangalsutra is another important aspect you should consider. A 22K is apt for a gold Chain mangalsutras model, while you can go with and 18K for a modern mangalsutra design made in black beads.
- It is wise not to leave the design elements from your checklist. These design aesthetics are important as mangalsutra is a daily adornment for most of us- such as the clasp, length, metal(gold, platinum or a mix of both), quality of gold and diamonds, black beads size, placing etc
Mangalsutra Price and weight range
The price of a South Indian Mangalsutra is largely dependent on factors like
- Pendant type
- Use of metal
The weight of the Mangalsutras typically start from 3gms to over 50gms depending upon the usage of metal either yellow gold or white gold or platinum. While you get attracted to light weight mangalsutras, at Vaibhav be spoilt by choice and price range. Our gold mangalsutra starts from $300 and goes above $2500. Mangalsutras are usually plain along the length, a designer pendant is what makes them distinctive. An additional splash of gemstones, diamonds or CZs and at times Navratnas, golden hallow beads, pearl drops, gemstone drops make them stand out of the league. These mangalsutras are slightly costly than the plain long Mangalsutra designs for the eloquent use of stones and increased gold weight surrounding it. Another important point to note that the weight of black beads is never priced as a part of billing; it is only the gold that is weighed and paid for. To all those newbie Jewellery enthusiasts black beads come free of cost.
Vaibhav Mangalsutra Collection
Did you like a small mangalsutra image caught your eye online, order with us and have it custom made. We will design, customize and ship it to, right in time for your best moments. Mangalsutras work as a great gift to your loved ones. It not only symbolizes your love but also beholds a lot of sentimental value which your loved ones will cherish for a lifetime. If you are looking to gift someone, then here is a right stop. To buy mangalsutra online you may encounter lot of doubts and reservations. Hence, buy from a well established Jeweller like us.
Why Vaibhav Jewellers?
A Jewellers true identity is by his design"- At Vaibhav we breathe this motto. For decades now, we have been showcasing the best gold Jewelry designs coupled with an unparalleled shopping fiesta. Get spoilt by choice of design, workmanship, patterns, collections and trends. Come home to Vaibhav not just to shop your coveted pieces but to takeaway a golden experience. We are a home to grand South Indian gold Jewelry since 25years, at Vaibhav we take you through the journey of your memory lanes from the past and into the future by way of our timeless gold Jewelry. We understand the price you pay for the Jewelry and the emotion you carry along with each of your priceless purchase. You can now weave a story and tell a tale of best gold Jewelry shopping experiences with Vaibhav Jewellers online portal. We offer our customers with gold Jewelry sets & diamond Jewelry – bangles, bracelets, necklace, latest pendant sets, Chokers, harams online in different workmanships, weight and price ranges. Take a look at all the latest diamond designer bangle sets, along with gold and diamonds you can also buy silver articles online, a range of silver accessories like- pens, pen stands, miniature Kitchen replicas, Jewelry boxes online with us. You can get an update on our gold Jewelry price rise and fall so that you can now plan your purchase well in advance. There are a host of other benefits that you can avail as an international customer while you buy gold Jewelry online with us:
- Lifetime exchange
- Free 15 day return policy
- State-of-the-art Live Video Shopping
- Free transit insurance on International Shipments
- Free Domestic shipping
- Customization services
- EMI Facility
- Smart Buy options
You can alternately WhatsApp us on +91 9177403000 to stay tuned on the latest Jewelry updates, latest gold & diamond designs, offers and discounts and daily gold prices. At Vaibhav we just don’t sell jewelry we pass a legacy to you.