Latest Gold Mangalsutra Designs - Nallapusalu Models
When it comes to Jewellery, we all can bet that no one can adorn them better than we Indians, be it style, variety, tradition, design or any other element of Jewellery. The central to all Jewellery items are the grand old Mangalsutras, what makes mangalsutras so special is the fact that they are adorned by every Indian woman atleast once a life time. Likewise, it is one of the most purchased items too. Every Indian community have some tradition linked to Mangalsutras. Down in South India it is called with various names Thali, Thali Bottu, Mangalyam, Mangalsutramu, Pusthulu thadu etc. and in Northern India it is called as “Mangalsutra”. Mangalsutra in the olden days was a thick gold chain accompanied by gold trinkets that are specific to family in South India, and similarly black bead chains were prominent in the Northern India.
Types of Mangalsutra Designs
Mangalsutras come in a rich design culmination to a plain gold chain mangalsutra, one can find hundreds of mangalsutra design variations as you move from region to region. Out of these the latest mangalsutra designs that are popular are as below:
- Short mangalsutra designs: The short mangalsutra designs are highly popular among the millennial brides. They are short and sit aptly on the neckline offering their grace on all attires- western or contemporary or fusion. There are hundreds of gold short mangalsutra designs with price available now at Vaibhav Jewellers online portal that are worth exploring. When a wear a saree you can style the short mangalsutras along with Haram to enhance your glam quotient.
- Long mangalsutra designs: The long mangalsutras offer the much needed charm with Indian attires such as sarees. They go well with traditional attire. There are different mangalsutra models that are available in the market each better than the other. Long Mangalsutras are usually made in alternating gold beads along with black beads. They are plain in design and quietly fall on the saree with great poise.
- Mangalsutra chain: Mangalsutras in some regions of India specifically South India comprise of thick gold chain. The Mangalsutra chain is considered so sacred that after it is purchased there is a special pooja that is performed to behold the harmony of marriage. Mangalsutra Chain designs come in a hundreds of styles, the latest being a pendant on the side of the mangalsutra chain. The pendant is usually a double sided peacock pendant or gemstone studded pendant.
- Simple mangalsutra design: Simple Mangalsutras are long, plain and are a medley of gold and black beads. They are very apt over traditional attires and come at very affordable price.
- Nallapusalu: Black beads are famously called as Nallapusalu in Southern India. They are styled in a variety of ways these days. Nallapusalu is only optional for woman in South India as wearing the mangulstra gold chain is the custom that is followed. However one trend that is seen growing across India are the wearing of a mangalsutra bracelet. This style was initiated by Bollywood actresses in the recent years and has been a fab since then.
Tips to Buy Mangalsutra
- Please ensure you are clear on buying a mangalsutra from any retail outlet or if you wish to custom make it. If you wish to custom make it, please ensure you have sufficient time for the delivery of product and it is advised to order in advance to avoid last minute delays.
- Understanding the style of mangalsutra is important, India is filled with traditions and customs and it is said the tradition changes for every 100kms, bearing this in mind, one has to understand what sort of mangalsutra should be worn for example Gujarati follow the custom of black bead mangalsutra while Andhraites have a tradition of gold mangalsutra often called as Pusthulu or Thali Bottu.
- It is important to understand the different kinds patterns of chains that are available, there are hundreds of machine made gold chains that are available, what is important is to know which one to choose from and the thickness of the chain. Care should be taken while selecting the design as some designs are trendy but not user friendly, i.e. sometimes our hair tends to get stuck, so it is often advised to try and then purchase or choose a less complex pattern if you go online.
- The next important point to consider is the length of the mangalsutra or the black beads. They ideally come in 14, 16,18,20,22 and 32 inches. While you may get a 14 inches short mangalsutra design in black beads, such short length will not serve the purpose for a gold mangalsutra. Most of the times woman tend to choose anywhere between 16 inches to 32 inches.
- Choosing a design, style and pattern that suits your wardrobe is very important. Example if you are used to western outfit, wearing a 32 inch blackbead chain would be futile. Instead a sleek and dashing diamond mangalsutra would be striking. Usually, long black beads chain would go well with Indian dresses, sarees and they offer an unseen elegance.
- Consider if you need a pendant for the mangalsutra or a plain black beads or gold chain will hold good. Most of the times pendants offer uniqueness to the mangalsutra as a whole and you may want to seriously consider a pendant. Consider exploring Vaibhav Jewellers Mangalsutra online. We have a range of attractive designs and patterns.
- A recommended gold carat either 22k or 18K is another aspect which you may need to look at. A 22K is apt for a gold Chain mangalsutras model, while you can go with and 18K for a black bead mangalsutra.
- It is highly suggested that you should not ignore the design elements of the mangalsutra such as the clasp, length, metal(gold, platinum or a mix of both), quality of gold and diamonds, black beads size, placing etc
Mangalsutra Price and weight range
A Mangalsutras price largely depends on factors like
- Pendant type
- Use of metal
The weight of the Mangalsutras typically start from 3gms to over 50gms depending upon the usage of metal either yellow gold or white gold or platinum. White gold mangalsutras are trending these days as they are subtle and ideal for office wear. Mangalsutras are usually plain with a rich designer pendant, otherwise there are some mangalsutras which come in a medley of design with golden hallow beads, pearls, gemstone balls etc. These mangalsutras are slightly costly than the plain long Mangalsutra designs as there is additional gold which is used. The price range of mangalsutras start from anywhere between 10,000 to over a lakh of rupees. Another important point to note that the weight of black beads is never priced as a part of billing, it is only the gold that is weighed and paid for. In a way to all those newbie Jewellery enthusiasts black beads come free of cost.
Vaibhav Mangalsutra Collection
We at Vaibhav Jewellers bestow customers with numerous designs in long and short Mangalsutras, 22K Gold traditional mangalsutras, Simple Mangalsutra designs and a range of diamond mangalsutras with matching earrings, necklace and bangles.
Did you like a gold mangalsutra photo or image online, then leave the rest to us. We will design, customize and ship it to, right in time for your best moments. Mangalsutras work as a great gift to your loved ones. It not only symbolizes your love but also gives an emotional touch to your gifting. If you are looking to gift someone, then here is a right stop. Check out the latest collection at Vaibhav Jewellers or whatsapp us on +91 9177403000. You can check hundreds of gold mangalsutra designs with price online, for those ceremonies where you want to look wholesome and traditional try our designer diamond mangalsutras such as the 22k Double Diamond Hook Locket Mangalsutra. Our collection of pendant mangalustras are the most trending, our personal favorites are the one decked in floral vines, abstract designs and alluring peacock mangalsutras.
Why Vaibhav Jewellers
Vaibhav Jewellers is 360 degree Jewellery mall having a retail presence of 55,000sqft spanning across costal Andhra and Telangana. Our 11 stores have been catering to the needs of lakhs of customers since 1994. Carrying a legacy of three decades we have many accolades to our credit for quality and innovation in the Jewellery industry. Our designs have been selected and handpicked time and again been selected by who and who’s of Hollywood during prestigious Academy awards. We are also proud to be an exclusive Jeweller for generations of customers and have been a trusted Jeweller for over a lakh of weddings. Shop with us the all new 22k Short & long Mangalsutras online, we at Vaibhav offer an array of benefits to customers such as:
- Lifetime exchange
- Free 15 day return policy
- State of art Live Video Shopping
- Free transit insurance on International Shipments
- Free Domestic shipping
- Customization services