Must watch latest Vaddanam Designs
Vaddanams are typical waist belts worn by South Indians for various occasions. They are a mark of tradition and status symbol especially during weddings. South Indian Functions are accompanied with few Jewellery staples that are indispensable and one such item is Vaddanam. It is called with different names across different regions. In South they are popularly called as Oddiyanams, waist belt, waist chain etc. Up north they are famously called as Kamarbandh. We showcase a diverse and distinctive range of Vaddanams.
The main difference between a Vaddanam and a Kamarbandh is that Vaddanam models usually come in the form of a waist belt, unlike Vaddanam the Kamarbandh is a sleek, trendy, chain type model which is adorned predominantly by North Indian woman.
Different types of Vaddanam
Antique Vaddanams are most famous among brides; they are made of oxidized coating giving an element of antiqueness to the item. The dull finish of antique Vaddanam is the highlighting element in it. They are made with Demi Goddess at the centre with rich accents of peacocks, paisleys, lotus etc. on either side.
Pachi Polki Vaddanam
Polki Vaddanams have gained popularity in the recent times; they closely resemble diamonds and are also called as uncuts. They have the sheen of diamonds with a yellowish tinge with Pachi workmanship. Uncut diamond Vaddanams designs are commonly accentuated with floral, vines, pearl drops, elephants, gold orbs, rubies and emeralds.
Diamond Vaddanams are matchless pieces that steal the moment of any occasion, if you want to hear those little hushes and awes as you pass by then diamond Vaddanams would be the right choice. Designed to lure your senses away, we host a range of diamond Vaddanams which feature elegant floral vines, pearl drops, Demi goddesses, elephants, coloured gemstones, lotus and other unique accents along the line.
Temple Vaddanams are a fad, they resemble South Indian temple scriptures in full glory. Temple Vaddanams best suit a Kanjeevaram saree, they offer a fulfilment factor to the attire. Temple Vaddanams give centre stage to temple architecture in their design. The present trend of statement images like lord Krishna and his consorts, Goddess Lakshmi with elephants, Asta Lakshmi, Peacocks, elephants, medieval temple miniatures etc. are the most sort after designs currently.
Sleek and Stylish gold Vaddanams are evergreen pieces, which come in two types namely the traditional belt type vaddanam and the chain vaddanam. They are accompanied with gold chains along the line or pearl drops, orbs and other attractive danglers. The customary designs highlight elephants, Goddess Lakshmi, gemstones, etc.
CZ Vaddanams are one of its kind in terms of radiance, beauty and charm. They carry an unignorable elegance with them. They are decked with pretty American diamonds or CZs as they are famously called. Inlaid intricately with different patterns, CZ vaddanams come with pearl drops, golden orb danglers, in gemstones, mesh designs etc.
Vaddanam Design Styles for Woman
5 in 1 Vaddanam: Experience the 5 in 1 extravaganza, own a Vaddanam which turns itself to a Haram, Necklace, locket and a Vanki. Compositely designed the 5 in 1 Vaddanams hold a key to fulfil five of your jewellery needs at one go. They centrally contain a compelling locket which can be attached and detached as per the need. 5 in 1 Vaddanams are purely an owner’s pride and a legacy piece that can be passed to future generations.
Ashta Lakshmi vaddanam: A classic ceremonial pieces, the Ashta Lakshmi Vaddanam exudes grace and delight when adorned. Famous for the holy carving of eight Lakshmi idols across the Vaddnanam gives the name Ashta Lakshmi. The cultural significance of Ashta Lakshmi idols are delicately sculpted into a design by our Karigars. Ashta Lakshmi gold Vaddanam comes in Antique, Pachi and Temple workmanship. Customers can also customize by sending the latest gold Vaddanam designs. It ideally comes in the weight range of 250-300gms.
Designer Vaddanam with CZs and South Sea Pearls: Designer Vaddanam pieces are gaining popularity as they look flashy and fancy at the same time. These designer pieces come in floral outlined designs, intricate vine designs with a bold centre piece studded in ruby or emerald. CZs are studded along the length of the Vaddanam with South Sea Pearls dangling in the front. Some Vaddanam models are populated with CZs in the front, leaving a broad gold chain either side to hook at the back.
Gaja Lakshmi Vaddanam: The Gaja Lakshmi Vaddanam is another epic piece designed to get the majestic elegance of elephants to life. The Gaja Lakshmi Vaddanam is designed by carving elephants along the length of Vaddanam. The Vaddanams are designed with a raised Elephant’s trunk as it is considered auspicious. One regular Gaja Lakshmi vaddanam consists of Laskshmi idol in the centre and elephants carved either side along the length. The main workmanship is that of Temple, CZs and antique. It ideally come sin the weight range of 125-180gm.
Cocktail Gemstone Vaddanam: Gemstones have been fascinating us since long, the usage of gemstones is gold jewellery gives a degree of charm and poise. They go well with every traditional attire and can be matched with the saree too. Their subtle colour gives the vaddanam a grand look. Contemporary gemstones such as the rubies, emeralds, south sea pearls, corals, diamond are few of the gemstones that are predominantly used.
Floral Carved Vaddanam: Floral Vines elaborate populated designs and plant themes are drawn across the breadth of the Vaddanam. The wide eclectic work is featured with CZs or inlaid on pure gold plate with rubies and emeralds studded or in the form of a chain pattern that enables a greater ease of wearing as well as extending the length of Vaddanam by adding additional threads.
Divine union Vaddanam (Lakshmi, peacock, elephants): Divinity decked in the Vaddanam is a common sight to see, however an uncommon thing is the union of all the divine elements such as a Lakshmi idol, elephants and peacocks in one design, on a Vaddanam. We at Vaibhav have a unique collection of such noble artefact Vaddanams.
Simple and Sleek Chain Vaddanam: These are light weight Vaddanams which come in weight range starting from 80gms and can be customized as per your preference. These sleek and light weight Vaddanams go well with ghagras, leghangas and other fusion wear as well. Their sleek nature makes them an apt choice amongst youngsters and millennials.
Interchangeable Vaddanam: These are theme Vaddanams which are sure to steal the show. They are basically designed to remove the stone blocks which are either studded in ruby or emerald and replace alternately as per your preference. Interchangeable Vaddanams are exclusive, matchless master piece available at Vaibhav Jewellers.
Tips while Buying Vaddanam Online
- The whole theme behind the beauty of Vaddanam is ruled by one factor i.e. Vaddanam Design. Every Vaddanam is unique in its own way some are heavily populated with design while others are sleek, giving an elegant look. Major design combinations are that of abstract floral vines, elephants, Lakshmi idols famously called “The Ashta Lakshmi”, peacocks and gemstone studded central pendant Vaddanams.
- Design variations is another aspect one should look for, some vaddanams have detachable gemstones or replaceable stones and are hence used to suit the colour of your attire. Especially if you are a vibrant lover of colours, then you shouldn’t miss it.
- Look for Vaddanams that subtle and which you can style on multiple attires like fusion and contemporary too.
- Some Vaddanams are designed as 2-in-1, 3-in-1, 5-in-1 and some uniquely 7-in-1. They offer a great style and unlike traditional vaddanam which are used occasionally, these types of all in one Vaddanams have high reusability factor. They are crafted with detachable nodes where in they can be used as Harams, Necklace, Vanki or choker alone and with extensions they can be drawn back into a beautiful Vaddanam. These Vaddanams come in a price range of 5Lakhs and above but are a real value for money.
- Look for sleek Vaddanam styles with a chain on the either side and a central locket in the middle, they come in light weight vaddanam collection and if you have a tight budget, you can surely check these designs.
- Diamond Vaddanams come in 18k for the convenience of studding the diamond into the gold properly. The cost of gold is definitely compensated with that of the diamond but one cannot escape the surreal beauty of diamonds and the charm it throws on the bride. You can also match it with your pristine diamond bracelet designs or complement with the minimalist diamond bangles.
- Another economical option in place of a diamond Vaddanam are the CZs Vaddanam. They offer all the glam quotient of a diamond and are cheaper than their diamond counterparts too.
- Another tip in buying a Vaddanam which most of the brides miss out is to opt a plain gold vaddanam with populated design than a stone studded one as the cost of the stone would be additional, instead you can use that to buy Antique Vaddanam or a Temple Vaddanam which give a relic look.
Gold vaddanam designs with weight and prices
At Vaibhav find compelling Vaddanam designs at even compelling prices, we strive to improvise the design and workmanship with every Vaddanam model. An average Vaddanam model starts from 80gms to 350gms. On the contrary the Vaddanam cost also starts from 3Lakhs and moves upto 10lakhs.
We at Vaibhav offer a wide range of Vaddanams apt for both contemporary and fusion wear. Browse through our latest Vaddanam collections at Vaibhav Jewellers. Try the Antique Vaddanam which is trendy in design and elegant in workmanship too. For those star studded nights where you want to steal the entire glamour try the Filigree Detailed Vaddanam which is a designer’s marvel consisting of a central Lakshmi piece and floral inlay work, studded in rubies and emeralds. If you are a kind of person looking for investing in a piece of Jewellery that you can use in every way, try the 5-in-1 Vaddanam. One piece and many adornments would be the order of the day when you own this beautiful multi-purpose Vaddanam.
With a trusted Jeweller like Vaibhav you can now buy gold vaddanam online and bring home a delight. Navigate our collection for the latest adult and baby vaddanam models.